Electronic Developer (Hardware Developer) – Research & Development
We’re looking for talented individuals with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by hardware development for emerging verticals of renewable energy like PV inverters, Battery storages, charging solutions in e-mobility and more. Join our R&D team, develop your skills on the job and work at the state-of-the-art products impacting entire cities, countries –craft the things to come.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- This challenging role requires concepts making, idea generation, creative skill, prototype development.
- You have core knowledge of Industrial Embedded Software development and analytical skills.
Hardware Developer for Power Electronics
- Circuit development (design, calculation, simulation, documentation) of (PV/battery/hybrid/DC Charger) inverters, and converters.
- Further development of existing products on the hardware level.
- Establishment of standard-compliant test plans and test specifications and reporting for self-declarations.
- Execution of commissioning and type tests on power electronics modules and complete systems
- Creation of component specifications
- Communication with component manufacturers and suppliers as well as external certification institutes and test laboratories
- Communication with the international development team
- Support of other departments with technical questions
- Creation of specifications for embedded software development
- Preparation of risk analysis with focus on device safety in coordination with development departments
- Definition and execution or supervision of conformity tests in-house or if necessary in external laboratories
- Preparation of documents for certification in third countries by partner companies or affiliated companies.
- Completed studies of electronics/electrical engineering with focus on power electronics or comparable.
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in the fields of power electronics and hardware circuit design, ideally in the area of inverters, DC-DC converter.
- In-depth knowledge of circuit technology, power electronics and EMC-compliant design of circuits and PCBs.
- Experience in low-cost design and design to cost methods.
- Knowledge of standards for (photovoltaic) inverters and their environment will be added advantage.
- Routine in the operation of laboratory equipment (AC/DC sources/sinks and measuring instruments).
- Knowledge in the use of (LT-)Spice, Altium Designer, MATLAB, Simulink, PSCAD
Personal and social skills:
- Structured and independent way of working.
- Openness, ability to work in a team.
- High degree of independence and result orientation.
- High level of commitment and flexibility.
- German language skills desirable.
- Interfaces to all other specialist departments in development.
- Interfaces to production, service, quality and purchasing.
- Technical contact for component manufacturers and suppliers as well as external certification and measurement institutes.