A Comprehensive and scalable platform grounded in industry standards, empowering customer-driven innovation.
Ventana Micro Systems Inc. has unveiled the latest iteration of its Veyron family of RISC-V processors, marking the introduction of the second generation. The new processor stands as the most potent RISC-V processor currently on the market, available in both chiplet and IP configurations. Balaji Baktha, the Founder and CEO of Ventana, stated, “In our relentless pursuit to lead the industry in high-performance RISC-V CPUs that are poised for swift customer adoption, the processor signifies a significant advancement; this underscores our unwavering commitment to fostering customer-driven innovation, enhancing workload acceleration, and optimising overall performance to achieve industry-leading efficiency in terms of performance per Watt per dollar. The enhancements in V2 open up avenues for innovation across various domains, including data centres, automotive, 5G, AI, and client applications.”
Key improvements encompass:
- Substantial Boost in Performance and Efficiency: It demonstrates up to 40% performance improvement, achieved through notable enhancements in microarchitecture, an advanced high-performance processor fabric architecture, an improved cache hierarchy, and the incorporation of a high-performance vector processor.
- Ecosystem Advancement: The Emergence of RISE, The RISE ecosystem initiative enhances support for V2, facilitating the rapid deployment of open, scalable, and versatile solutions.
- Streamlined Development and Cost-Efficiency: Its chiplet incorporates the industry-leading UCIe chiplet interconnect. Like its predecessor, the chipset-based solutions offer benefits in terms of cost-effective unit economics, accelerating time to market by as much as two years and reducing development expenses by up to 75%. These chipset-based solutions also optimise unit economics by appropriately tailoring compute, IO, and memory resources. Employing composable architectures with chiplets empowers companies to concentrate on innovation and differentiation, ultimately optimising workload.
- Specialised Workload Acceleration: The company’s Domain Specific Accelerator technology, tightly integrated with the Veyron V2 processor pipeline, is strategically designed to elevate the efficiency of workloads spanning the entire data center infrastructure, all the while fostering customer-driven innovation and distinctiveness.
The company offers a Software Development Kit (SDK) encompassing a comprehensive array of software building blocks already validated on Ventana’s RISC-V platform.
Key Features include :
● Fifteen wide, aggressive, out-of-order pipeline
● Clock speed of 3.6GHz
● Utilizes 4nm process technology
● 32 cores per cluster
● High core count with multi-cluster scalability, extending up to 192 cores
● 128MB of shared L3 cache per cluster
● Equipped with a 512b vector unit
● Incorporates Ventana AI matrix extensions
● Includes server-class IOMMU and Advanced Interrupt Architecture (AIA) system IP
● Implements advanced side channel attack countermeasures
● Boasts comprehensive RAS (Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability) features
● Adheres to a top-down performance-tuning methodology
● SDK release includes essential software already adapted for Veyron
● Veyron V2 Development Platform is readily accessible