If your garden is overflowing with zucchini or you just want a tasty snack, this is the recipe you need.
This zucchini pizza bites recipe tops slices of fresh zucchini, zesty pizza sauce, gooey cheeses, and pepperoni for an easy bite.
Ideal for a quick healthy meal or to serve as a low carb appetizer, they’re effortlessly delicious.
Bite-Sized Pizza Goodness!
- Zucchini pizza bites pack the pizza flavor you love in a little handheld bite.
- They’re a healthier alternative to traditional pizza bites and easy to tailor with your favorite toppings.
- Ready in minutes to quickly curb your cravings.
- These are a hit at parties as a snack or they make a great light dinner or lunch.
Ingredients for Zucchini Pizza Bites
Zucchini: Choose large firm zucchinis; so they are easy to slice. Slice smaller zucchini lengthwise if needed. If you have garden-fresh zucchini, even better!
Pizza Sauce: Store-bought is perfectly fine, but homemade pizza sauce is easy to make and has great flavor. In a pinch, crushed tomatoes with a sprinkle of herbs can do the trick.
Mozzarella Cheese: Shred your own for a meltier, gooier texture, but pre-shredded saves time. Feel free to mix it up with provolone or cheddar for a twist.
Parmesan Cheese: Grated fresh from the block gives a richer taste, but pre-grated works if that’s what you have on hand.
Toppings: Mini pepperonis are perfectly bite-sized, but chopping up regular ones works too. Try turkey pepperoni, sliced olives, bell peppers, onions, or even pineapple.
How to Make Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Slice fresh zucchini slices (per the recipe below).
- Top with zesty pizza sauce, a sprinkle of herbs, cheese, and your choice of pizza goodies.
- Bake to melty perfection, and voila!
Tips for Perfect Mini Pizzas
- Don’t overcook: To keep the pizzas from getting soggy, be sure not to overcook them.
- Spice It Up: Add red pepper flakes or your favorite hot sauce if you’re craving some heat.
- Veggie Variation: Experiment with different veggie bases like slicded eggplant, portobello mushrooms, or bell pepper slices for a fun twist.
- Storage: If there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container. They’re even good cold! These can be reheated in the air fryer or in a skillet.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Whip up a batch of bite-sized zucchini pizzas, layered with tangy sauce, rich cheeses, and your choice of toppings.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Slice the zucchini into ¼-inch thick rounds or if the zucchini is small, slice it lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Place the zucchini on a rimmed baking sheet.
Top each each slice with pizza sauce and a sprinkle of oregano. Add mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and mini pepperoni.
Bake for 5 minutes. Remove the zucchini from the oven and turn the oven to broil (high).
Once the broiler is hot, place the zucchini 4-inches from the broiler and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two. Garnish with basil and serve.
- Do not overcook the zucchini.
- If the toppings have moisture (like mushrooms), cook them before adding to the bites.
Calories: 146 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 398IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Recipe by EasyLowCarb: Pizza Zucchini Bites