About the job
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose — to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
What a typical day looks like:
- Enter and maintain component data and manufacturer information & approved vendor lists in the global component database.
- Create a component database for all the Electrical/Electronic & Indirect materials Quality review of the component parameter attributes from datasheets.
- Provides guidance regarding part selection, design concepts, specification requirements, critical components, and alternate sources.
- Validate AML and provide proper alternates if any discrepancies.
- Monitor Component EOL and manage the component obsolescence Part of a cross-functional team in implementing product component changes within the Company.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- B.sc(ECS/Physics) or Diploma(EEE/ECE)
- Engineer in a BPO or Manufacturing setup.
- Graduate with (0–2) years of experience as a
- Expert knowledge of electronic components and their applications to quickly evaluate the severity of EOLs and PCNs, and to evaluate potential alternates.
- Familiar with circuit design principles and board layout guidelines, identifying alternate parts and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of any design software’s like OrCAD, CIS, or Allegro desirable
- Knowledge of any PLM software like Windchill, or Agile.
- Working Knowledge of ERP, preferably BAAN
- Excellent written and oral communication skills MANDATORY.
- Knowledge of industrial regulations like RoHS, REACH, etc is desirable.
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Should have good Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills.
- Good analytical skills.